Florida Stories
  • Home
  • Downloads
  • Woman's Club

    The Lake Wales Woman’s Club was built by labor from the Works Progress Admin in 1939.


    The Lake Wales Woman’s Club was founded in 1919 by a small group of local women whose sole purpose was the betterment of the community. The early meetings in each other’s homes were called “sewing groups.” But these women had their sights on bigger projects.