Incorporated in 1917, Lake Wales’ first administrative offices were located on the second floor of the Lake Wales State Bank. But in the mid-1920s, with the Florida Land Boom in full swing the need for a larger building was evident. \n\nIn 1927, the city of Lake Wales sold a $30,000 bond issue to underwrite construction of a larger municipal building. The Frost Construction Company of Tampa was awarded the building contract. The building was completed in 1928.