Florida Stories
  • Home
  • Downloads
  • Friendship Missionary Baptist Church

    A church focused on extending friendship to the Dunbar community and missionary fields

    Friendship Missionary Baptist Church is a welcoming friend to the surrounding community and its missionary fields, greeting members and guests with warm hugs, friendly smiles, encouraging messages, and an enjoyable atmosphere of genuine worship. It was organized in 1912. Members initially met in two three-room houses that were joined together. Their first pastor, Reverend Frank Anthony, served for three years; in the more than 100 years since then, six more pastors have led the church. Beginning in 1930, members struggled for two decades to raise funds to purchase the land and build their current sanctuary, with the first service in their new building on November 12, 1950. In the 1960s and 1970s, this friendly congregation experienced unprecedented growth. Their focus on love, forgiveness, faithfulness to biblical teaching, evangelism, and freedom from debt is part of the friendship they extend to the community.


    More information about Friendship Missionary Baptist Church may be found here